Yes! Happy 2016!
Resolutions for this year. Did you make any? I’ve made resolutions in the past, and like most everyone else’s, they are forgotten by January 10. For whatever reason, I tend to make better changes at the beginning of September. Maybe it’s an homage to my school days.
From her blog Voice Lessons for Today, Atlanta therapist Mazi Robinson poses 5 questions which seem like a good non-resolution solution for the first day of a new year. My answers:
- I want to work on having more determination, intention and hiking in 2016.
- I want to work on having less procrastination, and less junk food in 2016.
- I want to let go of a few pounds and lies that my brain sometimes tells me in 2016.
- One way I want to step out of my comfort zone in 2016 is to start a big and public project that I’ve been cooking up. Details when it’s time to give details.
- I want my theme for 2016 to be: Honesty (especially with myself…see #3)
One challenge for myself: finish seeing all the Best Picture winners of the Academy Awards. I started doing this in 2007 (really), and I only have 12 movies left to go, and I think they are all on Netflix, so there ya go.